Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: No Ebay Support Group- Chime In

  1. #1
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So far so good...so proud of myself! No buying from ebay since this started.

    Yet at times it's been hard, I almost bidded on a few things...shame on those here who are temping us listing your ebay lol.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Skittl1321:

    I got all the way through checkout but didn't press the button at the end. As much as I want the flapper dress and the coconut stuff, I don't need it and have bought many things this year.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YAY! Good job! [img]smile.gif[/img] I did a similar thing with a non-AG holiday sweater I had wanted for a very long time and my parents offered to get it for me. I got almost all the way through the online ordering process and then got off, saying, "I don't need it."

    A couple weeks later, I got back on and ordered it. [img]redface.gif[/img] When it arrived, it contained BIG holes. That's very bad news for a sweater. With the shipping here and back, the cost was about $10 to end up with nothing.

    I learned the hard way that even when we think we really want something, it's never as good as we hope. Some of the fun is just in wanting something!

    Even though I don't use eBay, I wanted to say congrats to all who are doing well, and encourage you to keep on keeping on! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] You can't be disappointed in something if you don't order it in the first place! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Melissa- Thanks for the encouragement! Sorry to hear the story about your sweater [img]frown.gif[/img]

    I'm not so much worried about being disappointed in the flapper outfit, or even that I wouldn't get a lot of use out of it. I just think I've gone a bit overboard this year. (And loved every second of it!)

    My husband and I are setting aside about 3/4 of my take home pay into savings every month and the rest I use for groceries and "stuff." So the spending is not hurting us. It's just that this is the first time in my life I have really had disposable income, and boy did I use it ! I only bought 1 doll this year (1 doll rule!) but I think I've purchased 30 outfits. As cute as the flapper outfit is, and as cute as Kit or Aggie will look in it, I just don't need it. What I need to spend money on is clothes for ME! They just aren't as fun to buy as AG clothes [img]smile.gif[/img]

    With Christmas coming up, I'll still get to shop, but it will be for other people, which means I won't be adding to the amount of stuff I have in my home. I just have to much stuff, not just AG- which I think I have a great amount of. Have you ever looked around your house and wonder, "where did this all come from" That's how I feel.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very proud of you. It is so very hard not to push that buy button.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Kitzka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will admit that I am weak. DD wants and will be getting the bitty twins for CHristmas and I really want her to have the super cute play outfits to go with them. Of course they were on sale long ago.

    I bid on one set but I set a limit for myself. that is what I bid and when i was outbid i did not go anything about it. I just let it go. I think i am going to wait until after the holidys and see how much she plays with them. If she doesn't play with the twins all that much why am I going to try and pay exorbanant prices for retired outfits?

    Lara <-- who feel off the wagon but is getting back on.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm with you all. I ran out of black lace 2 weeks ago and bought some from e-bay. Otherwise I haven't bought anything for awhile. I have to go on there every day though as I'm selling and listing my homemade clothes for AG dolls now. I was looking at the competition last night, but didn't buy anything. I saw 2 cute outfits that were hard to resist though. LOL You know we are each others best customers. I saw the Josefina piano and added it to the watch list though. I WANT one of those pianos very badly, but not for what they sell for on e-bay. It is the only thing I lack for her collection. We can always hope AG will reintroduce a Piano for her.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm still off ebay--no searches, no browsing--but I do feel a little anxious sometimes about all the good deals I'm probably missing.
    But then I think about all the shipping I'm saving--(shipping is just $$ down the drain; even when you sell something on ebay, the shipping you get from the buyer is paid to the post office)--and then I don't feel so bad. I must have paid out at least $200 just for shipping of dolls and outfits this past year!!
    I did get my 2 dolls listed and sold, but I only logged on My Ebay to check on their progress. (Got positive feedback from one buyer already!) Now I have one outfit and 2 dolls yet to list, but I have to make the dolls some clothes first.

    Overall: So far, so good; but it's starting to get a little old. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member danaspillar's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I haven't gotten anything AG, and the only I did get recently was a retired Patsy Ann Doll (she will be one of Kit's house borders, since I wanted someone to wear the 1930's clothing styles that are too young for Kit to wear). OK, I might bid on a retired Bitty moses basket, since I just bought the twins and want somewhere to put them. Other than that I've had my eye on a large colored pencil set to help with my paperdoll drawings, somewhat related to AG since I'm drawing more clothes for Felicity and Elizabeth and plan to add others. I can't help being on e-bay since I've had to sell so much household stuff to pay for my "addiction". But I really have held back from bidding on a few dresses I've liked.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For those unaware of the purpose of this thread. AsianAG made a post saying she was staying off ebay until Christmas. Many of us enthusastically joined her. This is where we post our progress. If you feel the need to stay off ebay- join in! If you fall off the bandwagon, get started again. Most of us AG collectors need some help with will power and this is where you can get the support!

    As for me- doing great! Haven't bid on anything. I have Josefina's Piano in my watch list, but only as a curiousity of how high it will go. I don't check on it, but it will be mailed to me when it closes.

    My triumph this week doesn't deal with ebay, but with AG (I'm also no AG till Christmas.) When I found that the 10% code turns into a free shipping I went and added Coconut's beach accessories and the (much wanted) flapper dress to a shopping cart. I got all the way through checkout but didn't press the button at the end. As much as I want the flapper dress and the coconut stuff, I don't need it and have bought many things this year. I know I would be saving A LOT of money by buying this stuff now, but if I just don't buy it at all I save even more! I am so proud of myself.

    (I love the coconut stuff. I don't even have coconut yet...)

  10. #10
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the coconut stuff. I don't even have coconut yet...)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL! You are so hooked! But I can't say much I have lots of stuff for dolls I still do not own. [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] The code did that for me!

    I am on eBay but being very selective. My problem is also AG itself. I want so much for my dd's that I am beyond addicted.

    Lea

    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •